Friday, September 25, 2009

So you want to start a blog

I just came back from an evening pick nick by the sea. Soft cheese, bread, a salami, some grapes, what more could you ask for? It was a gorgeous day - cool and bright, with a cloudless sky. The sun was setting as we got to the beach, and was still bright on the Isles of Shoals across the water. It was altogether a satisfactory expedition.

Having a car is new for me at school - all last year I relied on the university bus system, which will get you places if your willing to set your schedule around once an hour buses, two hours on the weekends. Let me say, it is highly preferable to be able to drive, and go to the tea company and the beach in the same trip. I now have a half finished cup of Chai Tea that I just purchased - decidedly a good investment.

I am a civil engineering student, and mildly addicted to knitting (the construction and math aspects actually have a lot in common). I am currently working on a sweater for me, and I have yarn for a lace shawl, two pairs of socks, a pair of fingerless gloves, and at least one hat. They may not all be made any time soon, but before too long my sweater will be too big to take to class, so I'll have to start something else.

No comments:

Post a Comment