Tuesday, September 29, 2009

The Sweater

Right now I have only one major knitting project actually on the needles. (I have a couple others that are merely yarn and an idea) It is a cardigan, the first I have ever attempted. I found the yarn in a bag in my mom's stash - she bought it because there was enough for a sweater and it was on sale.




Yarn: Kid Classic Mohair, body in purple, patterning in green and brown.
Gauge: between 4.5 and 5 to the inch (all kinds of fun, let me tell you). I'm knitting tighter in pattern than plain, which is not surprising, but makes for interesting math.
Pattern: I'm making it up as I go along. It's based on the Elizabeth Zimmerman cardigan percentages, with a square neckline. We'll see how it goes, could get pretty interesting when I get to arm hole shaping and the like.
Color Pattern: borrowed from one of the sweaters in Poetry in Stitches (wonderful book). I reversed and flipped it so the leaves will alternate around.

The cardigan is steeked down the center, which means that when I'm done I'll have to cut it open. I've done it before, but it's always a little nerve wracking to take the scissors to something you just spent a significant amount of time on.

No comments:

Post a Comment